Module 3 assessment notification model
A depth study task notification to support teaching and assessment of the 'Models' unit.
The investigating science course is multidisciplinary and develops students' abilities to engage with scientific processes to investigate personal, community and global scientific issues.
- is designed for all students and may be differentiated to suit school contexts
- promotes active inquiry and the planning and conducting of evidence-based investigations
- provides opportunities for problem-solving and making informed scientific decisions
- lets students engage in examples and situations that relate to biology, chemistry, earth sciences and physics
- is designed to complement the study of other science disciplines
- provides additional opportunities for students to develop capability and capacity in critical thinking, problem-solving and developing and communicating evidence-based arguments and making informed decisions.
Syllabus outcomes and content descriptors from Investigating Science Stage 6 Syllabus © NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales, 2017.