Consider the following questions when adapting or developing teaching and learning units.
- What key messages do you want students to take away?
- Why does this learning matter?
The following sample resource can be adapted by teachers to suit the individual needs of their students. Use these resources to plan and deliver PDHPE. They are suitable for the PDHPE K-10 syllabus (2018).
- interpret the physical activity and sedentary behaviour guidelines across the lifespan
- reflect on their own sedentary screen time behaviour
- use a PMI chart to record ideas
- think critically about the influence of video gaming as part of a healthy lifestyle
- explore a range of strategies designed to encourage a balance between physical activity and sedentary recreational screen time
- investigate marketing and other strategies used by the video gaming industry to determine the influence they have on the behaviour of young people
- design, deliver and critique a public service announcement as a health intervention to raise awareness of healthy gaming.