Consider the following questions when adapting or developing teaching and learning units.
- What key messages do you want students to take away?
- Why does this learning matter?
The following sample resource can be adapted by teachers to suit the individual needs of their students. Use these resources to plan and deliver PDHPE. They are suitable for the PDHPE K-10 syllabus (2018).
- understand confidentiality and a medical professional’s responsibility to maintain confidentiality
- explain the importance of STI testing as a part of regular health care routines
- understand what STI testing involves, when testing is suitable and where it can be accessed
- create a checklist for evaluating sources of information for reliability, validity, credibility and bias
- explore as assess the NSW Health Play Safe website as an example of a reliable source of information.