Mathematics – Early Stage 1 – Unit 4
Smaller numbers can be found hiding in bigger numbers – this unit develops student knowledge, understanding and skills of representing numbers 0 to 10 and part-whole combinations up to 10.
Mathematics K-2 Syllabus © 2021 NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales.
In this unit students will learn to:
- develop consistent numeral formation
- quantify, organise and represent collections up to 10
- identify and represent part-whole combinations up to 10.
Syllabus focus and content group
Representing whole number – MAO-WM-01, MAE-RWN-01, MAE-RWN-02
- Instantly name the number of objects within small collections
- Use the counting sequence of ones flexibly
- Recognise number patterns
- Connect counting and numerals to quantities
Combining and separating quantities – MAO-WM-01, MAE-CSQ-01
- Identify part–whole relationships in numbers up to 10