Effective reading in the early years of school
This professional learning provides K-2 teachers with an opportunity to explore the practical application of evidence based teaching of reading.
The professional learning opportunities are being developed as a companion to the CESE literature review 'Effective Reading Instruction in the Early Years of School' (2016), and will focus on exploring how phonological awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency, comprehension and oral language are necessary for effective reading instruction.
This professional learning has options to engage as face-to-face learning or as online modules.
The professional learning currently available includes:
- Effective reading: phonics
- Effective reading: phonological awareness
- Effective reading: vocabulary
- Exploring decodable texts - Adobe Connect (recorded 26 July 2018)
- CESE literature review - Effective Reading Instruction in the Early Years of School