Planning, programming and assessing Aboriginal Studies
Resources to help you plan, program and assess Aboriginal Studies in Years 7-10.
The Aboriginal Studies Years 7-10 syllabus is designed to develop knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal identities, communities, autonomy, roles and the range of relationships between Aboriginal Peoples and non-Aboriginal people.
Students may undertake either 100 or 200 hours of study in Aboriginal studies in Stage 4 and, or Stage 5. Courses are structured in the following ways.
- A 100-hour course can consist of either:
- Core 1 or Core 2 and a minimum of three options
- Core 1 and Core 2 and two options
- A 200-hour course
- Core 1 and Core 2 and six options
The core study and options may be studied in any order or pattern.
Aboriginal Studies Years 7-10 resources have been created by a cross-sector writing team which included representatives from the:
- NSW Department of Education, Curriculum Secondary Learners
- Association of Independent Schools of NSW (AISNSW)
- Catholic Schools NSW (CSNSW)
- Tertiary sector.