Vocal Ease MORE (Module 1) online
Vocal Ease MORE (Module 1) supports you with the implementation of music from the Creative Arts K-6 Syllabus.
It includes a variety of performing, organising sound and listening activities:
- 5 songs with interactive scores, recordings and backing tracks
- background information and teaching and learning activity suggestion which are sequential and rigorous, videos of these activities being taught
- interviews with the composer and educator.
This e-learning course can be completed independently, however participants are encouraged to work with other members of their staff to plan and deliver lessons inspired by this course and its corresponding resource.
Completing this course you will learn:
- songs and activities
- to develop confidence to deliver new materials to your classes - no prior experience needed
- material within the resource
- effective and practical strategies for teaching music to students
- specific language used in the Creative Arts K-6 syllabus to explain concepts of music.
You are required to complete a series of questions throughout the course to ensure their understanding. This will include specific information contained within the course regarding:
- the musical concepts of duration, pitch, timbre, dynamics and structure through practical examples
- learning experiences for performing music (singing, moving and playing), organising sound/composing and listening
- questions relating directly to the repertoire within the Vocal Ease MORE (Module 1) resource
- participation in a Yammer group about their teaching of the musical concepts and learning experiences within the resource and e-learning course after teaching one component of the course and resource.
Who should participate?
- K-6 teachers
- specialist creative arts teachers
- school executive
Mode of delivery
This is an online course.
Approximate duration is 5 hours.
To enrol in Vocal Ease MORE (Module 1) go to MyPL (Course code RG04958).
NESA registered professional development
Completing ‘Vocal Ease MORE (Module 1) online’ contributes 5 hours of NESA registered professional development addressing 2.1.2, 6.2.2 and 7.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher accreditation.