Work experience provides a general introduction to the world of work. Students are able to observe a variety of work, usually in a field of their choice, and undertake supervised tasks appropriate to their knowledge and skill level.
Microsoft workplace learning for Aboriginal students
The NSW Department of Education and Microsoft offer an exciting opportunity for Aboriginal students to participate in a workplace learning program. Students are offered a five-day Work Experience opportunity at the Microsoft Technology Centre and the Institute of Applied Technology – Digital, Meadowbank. Successful students are also given a scholarship of up to $250 to assist with the purchase of appropriate office clothing and associated travel expenses.
- Five-day Work Experience opportunity at the Microsoft Technology Centre and Institute of Applied Technology – Digital, Meadowbank.
- Date: Monday 20 November - Friday 24 November 2023.
- Successful applicants will be given a scholarship of up to $250 to assist with the purchase of appropriate office clothing and associated travel expenses.
Sample experiences for students:
- Introduction to Microsoft and buddy briefing
- Hands on sessions led by the Microsoft Education team
- Future technology showcase
- Introduction to game design
- Resume creating and profile building with mentors
- Australian Business and Community Network – discussing entrepreneurship and employability
- AI Hackathon Day
- Visit to the new Institute of Applied Technology – Digital in Meadowbank.
How to apply
Students are required to complete the Expression of Interest form to apply.
Refer to the Microsoft Workplace Learning for Aboriginal students flyer for more information.
For further information contact Arthur Zigas – firstname.lastname@example.org