Ready Arrive Work (RAW) program
The Ready Arrive Work (RAW) Program is a targeted vocational educational program delivered in high schools across New South Wales. The program complements support already provided to students through the Refugee Transition Program running in schools.
The RAW Program supports recently arrived students from refugee backgrounds to:
- develop their employment related skills
- participate in work experience and industry visits
- experience hand-on activities and skills to build their capacity to learn work related skills and
- develop a greater understanding of the changing nature of the Australian workforce.
RAW is delivered at your school during term time and is tailored to the needs of schools and students. The coordinating teacher can choose:
- a 3-day block option where the program is delivered intensely for 3 consecutive days from 9am-3pm, or
- a weekly option where the program is delivered in one period/ session of class time consecutively for 10 weeks (1 full-term)
Trained and experienced JobQuest facilitators deliver the RAW program modules at your school and they are assisted by an EAL/D teacher, a Careers Adviser and/or a Transition Adviser. Students participate in a range of industry visits and where possible, enjoy a CIVICS visit to an iconic Australian location and where possible, supported work experience. Student participation in FRUIT SALAD day is a compulsory requirement of the program.
There is no cost to the school for the Ready Arrive Work Program but there is a requirement that participating schools support JobQuest trainers in the delivery of the RAW program by monitoring behaviour, providing an appropriate space to work and any other assistance that may be required. The RAW program will also cover teacher relief for RAW excursions and bus hire or public transport costs to and from locations.
The program is open to all high schools in New South Wales with refugee enrolments and can be delivered in regional NSW. To register your schools’ interest for the Ready Arrive Work Program in 2023 please complete the attached Expression of Interest form.
If you would like to discuss whether the program is suitable for your school please send all correspondence to:
Matt Carter, Senior Project Officer, Work Placement Coordination