Careers Adviser professional learning
As the world of work continues to evolve rapidly, it's becoming increasingly important for professionals to stay ahead of the curve by continually improving their skills and knowledge. That's where Careers Adviser Professional Learning comes in.
If you're a busy Careers Adviser looking to expand your knowledge and skills in a convenient and time-efficient manner, then Career Bites is the perfect professional learning opportunity for you!
Career Bites is a series of short, sharp webinars designed specifically for Careers Advisers. Held three times each term, these webinars provide valuable insights and practical tips on a range of career-related topics.
Career Bites features a different guest speaker who is an expert in their field, sharing their knowledge and expertise with Careers Advisers. Topics covered include career development theory, job search strategies, career counselling techniques, and up-to-the-minute updates on news and events from the Pathways and Transitions, Career and Workplace Learning team.
Career Bites is accessible to Careers Advisers statewide and held online in the ‘Careers and Transition Advisers Statewide Staffroom’, via the ‘Professional Learning and Meetings’ channel, in Microsoft Teams. This means you can participate from the comfort of your own home or office.
Careers Adviser 101, 201, 301 Professional Learning
The Careers Adviser Professional Learning program is a series of modules, designed to help new Careers Advisers gain new insights and techniques that can help them guide their students.
Benefits of participating in the Careers Adviser Professional Learning include:
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends: Gain new insights into emerging career paths, learn about the latest job search techniques and develop a deeper understanding of the skills and knowledge that are in demand in the current labour market.
- Enhance your skills: Gain the tools to develop new skills and techniques and learn how to help your students navigate career transitions, overcome obstacles and develop a clear plan for achieving their career objectives.
- Expand your network: Connect with other professionals in your field. By building relationships with other Careers Advisers, you can share ideas and insights, learn from each other's experiences and expand your network of professional contacts.
Careers Adviser Professional Learning can be an incredibly valuable investment for anyone working in the career counselling and advising role in schools.
Targeted Professional Learning
Targeted professional learning is crucial for Careers Advisers who are tasked with assisting Aboriginal students, high potential and gifted (HPGE) students, students with disabilities, and those who speak English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EAL/D). These students face unique challenges in their educational and career journeys, and it is essential that their Careers Advisers have the necessary knowledge and skills to support them effectively.
Benefits of participating in targeted professional learning include:
- Understanding unique challenges: Each of these student populations faces unique challenges that can impact their career choices and opportunities. Targeted professional learning can help Careers Advisers better understand these challenges and provide tailored support to students.
- Developing cultural competence: By engaging in targeted professional learning, Careers Advisers can develop cultural competence, which will enable them to build stronger relationships with students and provide effective support.
- Keeping up with industry trends: Targeted professional learning can provide Careers Advisers with the knowledge and skills they need to keep pace with changes in the job market and ensure that they are providing students with relevant and accurate information.
By developing a deeper understanding of these student populations, careers advisers can provide effective support to students and help them achieve their career goals.
See the professional learning events page for Career and Workplace Learning events available throughout the year.
Career Learning Advisor
0476 301 655
For further advice, contact Career & Workplace Learning team.