Understanding Behaviour Support Planning
Behaviour support planning is a student-centred continuous cycle of planning and supported growth. The behaviour support planning process has six stages or elements, which reflect the personalised learning and support process and the teaching and learning cycle. Using this process supports students needing targeted or individual intervention and leads to better outcomes for students with challenging and complex behaviour.
This elearning provides an overview of student behaviour support planning for teachers, learning and support team staff and Delivery Support team staff.
This course has three modules:
- Module 1 - Personalised learning and support.
- Module 2 - The behaviour support planning process.
- Module 3 - Guiding questions for effective behaviour support planning and further resources.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- describe the elements of the individual behaviour support planning process and their relationship to the personalised learning and support process
- develop an effective individual behaviour support plan aligned to the behaviour support planning process
- apply guiding questions to develop an effective individual behaviour support plan
- access further resources.