I am a parent or carer
Useful tools for parents and carers to support themselves and their children.
I want to support myself.
- Plan to look after yourself. Emerging Minds will get you started with a sample self care plan. Use it to identify your own personal signs of stress and plan strategies to assist.
- Access useful resources. Read information to manage the ups and downs of family life in the Emerging Minds parents and carers toolkit.
- Get some balance in your life Look for activities, guidance and inspiration in the Beyond Blue wellbeing articles.
I want to support my child
- How to talk to children during tough times. Emerging Minds has tips for different ages:
- Talk to your child about mental health concerns. Get tips to have the conversation from real parents by watching Beyond Blue videos.
- Help your child or adolescent manage anxiety. Anxiety is normal, especially in new situations. Read about anxiety in kids and teens from the Kids Helpline.