Consider the following questions when adapting or developing teaching and learning units.
- What key messages do you want students to take away?
- Why does this learning matter?
The following sample resource can be adapted by teachers to suit the individual needs of their students. Use these resources to plan and deliver PDHPE. They are suitable for the PDHPE K-10 syllabus (2018).
- research methods of contraception and understand what makes them suitable and effective in different situations
- understand how to plan for and manage their sexual health in the future
- practise how to negotiate safe sex when they are ready
- recognise that health decisions and risk behaviours are not simply an individual responsibility but are shaped by a range of influences.