Aboriginal studies – case study guide
A resource to support the use of case studies as part of teaching and learning of the Aboriginal Studies course.
When working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, communities and organisations, application of ethical and culturally safe practices must always be demonstrated. This includes:
- respect for ownership of cultural knowledges through working within Indigenous Cultural and Intellectual Property (ICIP) guidelines for the area of focus
- reciprocal learning and sharing of knowledges
- authentic Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander voice through using Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander written or endorsed texts
- respecting and recognition of Men’s and Women’s Business
- management of shared knowledges after completion of teaching unit.
Syllabus outcomes and content descriptors from Aboriginal Studies Syllabus K-10 (2012) © NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales, 2012