Nanga Mai Awards
The Nanga Mai Awards are an annual event organised by Aboriginal Education and Communities Directorate. The awards recognise and celebrate innovation, excellence and educational achievement in Aboriginal education in NSW public schools, school communities and Department of Education operational directorates.
There are three awards categories including student, staff and school/community awards.
- Encouragement award
- Outstanding student engagement award
- Outstanding achievement in sport award
- Outstanding achievement in performing/creative/visual arts award
- Outstanding achievement in public speaking award
- Student leadership award
- Academic excellence award
- Award for outstanding contribution to educational achievement by an Aboriginal staff member
- Award for outstanding contribution to educational achievement by a non-Aboriginal staff member
- Award for outstanding leadership in Aboriginal education
- Award for outstanding leadership in Aboriginal languages
- Award for outstanding contribution to educational achievement by a community member
- Award for outstanding school and community partnership
- Award for outstanding commitment to increasing knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal histories, culture and experiences of Aboriginal peoples.