Education is actually a huge industry in Australia, estimated to be worth around $20 billion, and it’s the country’s third biggest export behind iron ore and coal. It attracts international students from far and wide. There’s a teacher shortage in Australia so the employment opportunities are currently good.
Education has very good job security, which you don’t always find in other industries. Education doesn’t just cover teachers, it also covers administrative roles, librarians, archivists, counsellors and even video production.
Primary school teacher
High school teacher
Special education teacher
Vocational education teacher
Information Technology Consultant.
Would it suit me?
The industry could suit you if you:
- Enjoying helping, teaching and motivating and inspiring people
- Are very organised and time efficient
- Like planning programs and classes
- Have excellent communication skills
- Like being around a diverse group of people
- Are good at explaining complex concepts in the simplest way
How do I get into the industry?
Some of the most popular courses in this industry include:
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Certificate III in Education Support
Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care
Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
Speak to your school to find out more.