If you have questions or concerns

How to find the right person or resource if you have a question or concern.

Start with your child's educator

You may have questions or concerns about your child while they are going to a service or when they are getting ready for school. If you would like to discuss your child’s progress or readiness for school, your child’s educator is often the best place to start.

If you have concerns about the service, you can ask to speak to the educator, service director or approved provider.

If the issue cannot be resolved by the service, you can contact the department  to make a complaint about a service, or the Department of Fair Trading if the complaint is about service fees or business practices.

Telephone Interpreter Service

  • Phone 131 450 to call the Telephone Interpreter Service.
  • Ask for an interpreter in your language.
  • Tell the operator the phone number you would like to call. They will get an interpreter on the phone to assist you.

Learn more by listening to an audio message in your language.

Useful websites

Department of Education

Other resources


  • Teaching and learning


  • Preschool

Business Unit:

  • Communication and Engagement
Return to top of page Back to top