Reconciliation is everyone’s business and there are many ways you can get involved.
There are many ways that you can get involved in making reconciliation a reality in your workplace or community.
Reconciliation Australia has a great list of activities that you could do during National Reconciliation Week (which is held every year from 27 May to 3 June), but you could do them at any time during the year.
- Attend cultural awareness training
- Conduct an acknowledgement of Country
- Coordinate a welcome to Country
- Display Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flags
- Gather to share food
- Have a yarn
- Hold a TED screening
- Host a morning tea
- Participate in local community events
- Screen Indigenous films and TV programs
- Visit sites of cultural significance
- View Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander art
Check out our Event planning resources for guidance on how to put together, promote and manage your National Reconciliation Week or NAIDOC Week event.