Reconciliation is everyone’s business and there are many ways you can get involved.
Reconciliation is everyone’s business and there are many ways that you can get involved in making this a reality in your workplace or community.
Reconciliation Australia has a great list of activities that you could do during National Reconciliation Week (27 May – 3 June 2019), but you could do them at any time during the year.
- Attend cultural awareness training
- Conduct an acknowledgement of Country
- Coordinate a welcome to Country
- Display Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flags
- Gather to share food
- Have a yarn
- Hold a TED screening
- Host a morning tea
- Participate in local community events
- Screen Indigenous films and TV programs
- Visit sites of cultural significance
- View Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander art