Reset your password with secret questions and answers
This guide shows NSW Department of Education staff how to reset their password when it is not working or has never been set with secret questions and answers.
If you have not previously set up secret questions and answers then you can only reset your password via your personal email.
You can complete the steps on this page on a personal device such as your phone if you can’t log in to your department device.
Your new password will need to follow the password policy requirements:
- use at least 8 characters
- both upper and lower case letters
- include at least one number
- no previous passwords allowed
- don't use common letter or number patterns (eg AAA, 123)
- don't repeat characters more than once (eg AAA, 111)
- don't use spaces.
1. Open the DoE login page. Select the Forgot your password link.
2. Enter your DoE User ID in the User ID field.
3. Select via Secret Q & A.
4. Enter your answers to your secret questions in the blank fields. Note: Answers are not case sensitive.
5. Select Submit.
6. Enter your new password in both password fields.
7. Select Reset Password.
8. Select Return to login.
After you have changed your password
If you’re a corporate staff member working from home, it’s important to immediately lock your device for 15-minutes after resetting your password. This allows time for the password to sync. After 15-minutes, enter your new password to unlock the device.
If you’re a school staff member working from home on your departmental device, you need to take your device to the nearest school and connect to the Wi-Fi for the password to sync. Your old password will continue to work until this occurs.
If you access your DoE email or other apps on a smartphone or tablet, you will need to manually change your password on those devices too.
For password assistance, please contact EDConnect on 1300 32 32 32, option 5.