Reset your password via personal email
If your NSW Department of Education password is not working or has never been set or reset it using your personal email.
You can complete the steps on this page on a personal device such as your phone if you can’t log in to your department device.
Your new password will need to follow the password policy requirements:
- use at least 8 characters
- both upper and lower case letters
- include at least one number
- no previous passwords allowed
- don't use common letter or number patterns (eg AAA, 123)
- don't repeat characters more than once (eg AAA, 111)
- don't use spaces.
1. Open the DoE login page. Select the Forgot your password link.
2. Enter your DoE User ID in the User ID field.
3. Select via email.
4. Select Continue to release the email with your reset password link.
5. Log in to your personal email and open the Password reset requested email.
6. Select the Reset your password link provided in the email to reset your password.
7. The Reset password window will open. Enter your new password in both password fields.
8. Select Reset Password.
9. Select Return to login.
After you have changed your password
If you’re a corporate staff member working from home, it’s important to immediately lock your device for 15-minutes after resetting your password. This allows time for the password to sync. After 15-minutes, enter your new password to unlock the device.
If you’re a school staff member working from home on your departmental device, you need to take your device to the nearest school and connect to the Wi-Fi for the password to sync. Your old password will continue to work until this occurs.
If you access your DoE email or other apps on a smartphone or tablet, you will need to manually change your password on those devices too.