Change your password
Follow this guide if you want to change your NSW Department of Education password because it is about to expire, you believe it may be compromised or would just like to change it.
Staff can change their password at any time. Please do not wait for the arrival of the expiry notification email to change your password.
It is important to regularly review your security settings so that you are set up to change your own password if it is not working. An ideal time to do this is just before changing your password.
Visit Manage your security settings and secret questions and answers for more information.
Your new password will need to follow the password policy requirements:
- use at least 8 characters
- both upper and lower case letters
- include at least one number
- no previous passwords allowed
- don't use common letter or number patterns (eg AAA, 123)
- don't repeat characters more than once (eg AAA, 111)
- don't use spaces.
1. Log in to the DoE Staff Portal using your User ID and password.
Note: If your password has already expired, you will be automatically redirected to Step 4.
2. Access your user account settings by selecting the person icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Select Change password.
4. Enter your current password, your new password and then re-enter your new password again, where prompted.
5. Select Save password. The Save password button will become available after you successfully enter a new password that meets policy requirements.
Note: A strength bar is shown to help you create a strong password. Any breaches of password policy are highlighted with an exclamation.
Once successful, log back into the staff portal as needed.
After you have changed your password
If you’re a corporate staff member working from home, it’s important to immediately lock your device for 15-minutes after resetting your password. This allows time for the password to sync. After 15-minutes, enter your new password to unlock the device.
If you’re a school staff member working from home on your departmental device, you need to take your device to the nearest school and connect to the Wi-Fi for the password to sync. Your old password will continue to work until this occurs.
If you access your DoE email or other apps on a smartphone or tablet, you will need to manually change your password on those devices too.
For password assistance, please contact EDConnect on 1300 32 32 32, option 5.