MyPL allows all staff within the Department of Education to manage their professional learning. It is available in the DoE staff portal.
MyPL organises the administrative and business processes for planning, managing and recording professional learning through:
- daily course completion transfers to NESA of accredited courses
- streamlined processes for course development, approval and registration and enrolment
- flexible workflows to schedule face to face, blended and online professional development
- a single location for professional learning whether it was conducted through the department or any other registered training provider, accreditation and performance record
- enhanced, reliable and intuitive reporting facilities linked to a user?s role and scope within the department
- the ability to register interest in a course that may not be currently available.
Access MyPL under the my applications tab in the DoE staff portal. Non-DoE staff can self-register to gain access to MyPL.
MyPL Helpdesk https://mypl.freshdesk.com
Courses and sessions
Three types of courses are available until 5 February 2021. Revised course types will be determined early in 2021.
- are courses of any description
- don't require alignment to teaching standards (optional)
- can be presented to all audience groups, including non-DoE.
- are approved by network administrators.
Registered courses: (new applications currently unavailable)
- must explicitly align to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- presented to all audience groups, including non-DoE.
- are evaluated only at the NESA site with de-identified data passing back to MyPL.
School-based registered courses: (new applications currently unavailable)
- must explicitly align to the Australian professional standards for teachers
- are evaluated only at the NESA site with de-identified data passing back to MyPL
Principals, directors or executive directors initially endorse non-registered courses. Network administrators quality assure the application and either approve or decline the course.
A session is the new term for events. MyPL will initially ask users to enrol in a course, and then choose a session to attend. Only face-to-face courses will be organised into sessions.