Consider the following questions when adapting or developing teaching and learning units.
- What key messages do you want students to take away?
- Why does this learning matter?
The following sample resource can be adapted by teachers to suit the individual needs of their students. Use these resources to plan and deliver PDHPE. They are suitable for the PDHPE K-10 syllabus (2018).
- learn about sleep, how much is recommended and a common barrier to sleep
- use this knowledge to draw connections between sleep, the brain and mental fitness
- explore screen time as a common barrier to sleep and use data to determine the relationship between screen time, device use and its impact on sleep
- evaluate strategies and actions that can promote sleep to support mental health and wellbeing
- plan to promote these in the school community.