Consider the following questions when adapting or developing teaching and learning units.
- What key messages do you want students to take away?
- Why does this learning matter?
The following sample resource can be adapted by teachers to suit the individual needs of their students. Use these resources to plan and deliver PDHPE. They are suitable for the PDHPE K-10 syllabus (2018).
- explore the priorities and concerns young people have and predict and anticipate risks or challenges they may face in relation to drug use
- reflect on their own strengths to understand how the skills, knowledge and strengths they possess can be used to assist in managing challenging situations in relation to drug and alcohol use
- be able to recognise the value in using or developing their own knowledge, skills and strengths to best support them to manage future challenges
- understand that the language we use in relation to alcohol and drug use can influence the attitudes and behaviours we hold towards it
- develop a strategy bank that can be called upon when knowing alcohol may be present
- use these strategies with their knowledge, strengths and skills to support themselves and others in an alcohol related setting.