Environmental and zoo education centres
Environmental and zoo education centres (EZEC) are NSW public schools staffed by trained teachers. They support schools by providing:
- resources to help integrate environmental education across a variety of subject areas
- professional learning opportunities for teachers
- assistance in implementing more sustainable practices
- opportunities for student learning and environmental leadership
- excursion programs for visiting school groups, linked to NSW syllabuses, that utilise the unique features of the centre's location
- incursion programs for schools, linked to syllabuses and classroom learning
- pre and post excursion support materials.
Environmental and zoo education centres are located across NSW as shown on the map below.
List of environmental and zoo education centres
Find the contact details for the centre closest to you.