Working in department preschools
Department preschools are an integral part of P-2, P-6 or central schools. Preschools employ educators on a casual, temporary or permanent basis. Read more about working in NSW Public Schools
Educators interested in working in a department preschool should approach the relevant school office.
Each preschool class is staffed by an early childhood teacher and school learning support officer Preschool (SLSO) or Aboriginal Education Officer (AEO).
All department preschool teachers must:
- be approved to teach in NSW Public Schools
- hold full accreditation with NESA
- hold an ACECQA approved early childhood teacher qualification
- have a current working with children check clearance (WWCC)
School Learning Support Officer Preschool (SLSO) and Aboriginal Education Officer (AEO) must:
- be approved to work in NSW Public Schools
- hold or be actively working towards an ACECAQ approved Certificate III level or higher qualification.
Qualification can be checked using the ACECQA qualification checker.