Stage 6 Dance – Preliminary
These resources are available as 6 hours of learning through if all 3 are completed. That is, complete, Module 1, 2, and 3. This application focuses on module 1.
During this eLearning Module participants will investigate and increase their mastery of the stage 6 Dance syllabus for preliminary studies. The learning intentions for this module are: - increase teacher confidence and knowledge with the Stage 6 preliminary dance syllabus - increase understanding of the course requirements - refresh syllabus objectives including; dance as an artform, performance, composition and appreciation - review the common course content. - critically evaluate your own unit of work. At the end of the eLearning component of the module they will be asked to review and reflect on a program used for stage 6 preliminary Dance. They will need to share this program reflection via the Creative Arts state-wide staffroom Dance 7-12 channel before receiving the registered hours. Once they have completed the eLearning module and the assessment task they can move on to module two, stage 6 HSC Dance syllabus and then module three and the interviews.
This is an online course.
As a set of three eLearning modules the professional learning focusses on:
- Module 1, the stage 6 preliminary Dance syllabus.
- Module 2, the stage 6 HSC Dance syllabus.
- Module 3, case studies (as videoed interviews) of teaching practice, and student experiences.
The professional learning requires a facilitator, supervisor and automated process to determine the achievement of learning objectives through a formal or informal judgement or observation. Achievement of the learning objectives in the course is determined in several ways:
- Within each module participants respond to eLearning techniques for engagement. These include close passages, answering questions, writing short answer responses, dropping and dragging items.
- Each of the three modules is finalised by the completion of an assessment task for the participant. Module 1 has an online unit evaluation that the participant will submit for collaboration and discussion on the 7-12 Dance channel channel in the Creative Arts statewide staffroom. Participants will not be marked off until this is completed and checked by the Creative Arts Advisor. If participants don’t submit the deliverable on the statewide Dance channel above, the creative arts curriculum team will not mark them as completed on MyPL.
- Module 2 has an online task that consists of writing for stage 6 exemplar and teacher participants will also complete an additional assessment task for sharing and collaboration. This will be submitted on the state-wide staffroom 7-12 Dance channel and checking by a member of the curriculum team before being marked as completed on MyPL.
- The final module, module 3 has a series of reflection questions that ask the participant teacher to consider what they have learnt from the referential case studies videoed interviews. These can be viewed in the teacher workbook task submitted with this application. They are also asked to identify links to the teacher’s professional standards, to the syllabus outcomes, to their own specific school’s strategic directions. This task is then to be submitted to the Creative Arts curriculum team only on MYPL due to them being personal reflections. The final assessment task is an attachment to the module and checked only by the curriculum advisors.
- Stage 6 dance preliminary survey
- Module 1 – preliminary dance
- Dance preliminary reflection activity
- Stage 6 dance preliminary post survey.
To enrol in Stage 6 Dance - Preliminary go to MyPL.
Approximate duration is 2 hours.