Resources for schools
Let us know your feedback or suggestions about the attendance resources.
- School Attendance Policy
- Student Attendance in Government Schools Procedures 2015 - this document can also be accessed from the School Attendance Policy, listed under Implementation Documents.
- Child Protection Policy
- Enrolment of Students in NSW Government Schools
- Student Welfare Policy
Guidelines and procedures
- Supporting Student Attendance
- The Completion of Education Under Special Circumstances (PDF 82 KB)
- Special Circumstance Register PDF 86 KB)
- Exemption from School Procedures (PDF 1.27 MB)
- Application for Home School Liaison Program (staff only)
- Educational Neglect Information sheet (staff only;PDF 56KB) Principals information sheet.
- Compulsory school attendance - information for schools (PDF 534.6KB) an overview for school staff.
Note: These resources do not currently meet WCAG 2.0 accessibility requirements. Please contact attendance to request alternative copies.
Process Maps - Your school attendance procedures
- Attendance communications
- Attendance policy and procedures
- Celebrating attendance
- Discussing attendance concerns
- Monitoring attendance
- Partial absences
- Recording absence explanations
- Roll marking errors
School staff sign on resources
- Teaching Staff Attendance (staff only)(PDF 73kB) - The DoE NSW Teaching Attendance Book - ED2005 is replaced by this form or the schools own document.
- SASS Staff Attendance (staff only)(PDF 73kB) - The DoE NSW SASS Staff Attendance Book - ED2006 is replaced by this form or the schools own document.
- School Attendance Register Codes (PDF 70 KB)
- COVID-19 information for schools about attendance and roll marking
- EDConnect Rolls and attendance: support materials to assist with administration of attendance in ebs : central, including how to import attendance data
- Roll marking e-Learning module for staff (coming soon)
Communicating with my community
- Student attendance poster (PDF 1584.41KB) with Focus, Create, Embed considerations.
- Compulsory school attendance - information for parents (PDF 420.5KB) provides further information for parents and carers.
- Advice to parents and carers has further information about learning from home.
- Minutes Lost equals days lost flyer - primary (PDF 397 KB)
- Days Missed equals years lost flyer - primary (PDF 371 KB)
- Days Missed equals years lost flyer x 3 - primary (PDF 1.86 MB)
- Attendance Matters A3 poster - primary
- Attendance Matters A4 poster - primary
- Starting school
- Back to school COVID-safe A3 poster - primary Aboriginal students
- Back to school COVID-safe A4 poster - primary Aboriginal students
- Back to school COVID-safe A3 poster - primary
- Back to school COVID-safe A4 poster - primary
- Minutes Lost equals days lost flyer - secondary (PDF 334 KB)
- Days Missed equals years lost flyer - secondary (PDF 314.8KB)
- Days Missed equals years lost flyer x 3 - secondary (PDF
- Attendance Matters A3 poster - secondary
- Attendance Matters A4 poster - secondary
- Get ready for high school checklist
- Back to school COVID-safe A3 poster - secondary Aboriginal students
- Back to school COVID-safe A4 poster - secondary Aboriginal students
- Back to school COVID-safe A3 poster - secondary
- Back to school COVID-safe A4 poster - secondary
Notes and notices
Resources that school communities may consider using to promote positive school attendance.
- Government school student attendance 2019
- Supporting school completion
- Improving high school engagement, classroom practices and achievement
- Spotlight: Attendance matters
- What Works Best
- School Services Contacts support roles and contacts for your school.
- Service Navigator advice and information about services offered to schools.
- Home School Liaison Officers can access a range of strategies to restore satisfactory school attendance
- School Excellence in Action: