Resources for schools
Let us know your feedback or suggestions about the attendance resources.
- School Attendance Policy
- Student Attendance in Government Schools Procedures 2015
- Student Attendance in Government School Procedures - FAQ
- Child Protection Policy
- Enrolment of Students in NSW Government Schools
- Student Welfare Policy
Guidelines and procedures
- Supporting Student Attendance
- The Completion of Education Under Special Circumstances
- Special Circumstance Register
- Exemption from School Procedures
- Exemption from School Procedures - FAQ
- Application for Home School Liaison Program
- Educational Neglect Information sheet
- Compulsory school attendance - information for schools
Note: These resources do not currently meet WCAG 2.0 accessibility requirements. Please contact attendance to request alternative copies.
Process Maps - Your school attendance procedures
- Attendance communications
- Attendance policy and procedures
- Celebrating attendance
- Discussing attendance concerns
- Monitoring attendance
- Partial absences
- Recording absence explanations
- Roll marking errors
School staff sign on resources
- Teaching Staff Attendance (staff only) - The DoE NSW Teaching Attendance Book - ED2005 is replaced by this form or the school's own document.
- SASS Staff Attendance (staff only) - The DoE NSW SASS Staff Attendance Book - ED2006 is replaced by this form or the school's own document.
- School Attendance Register Codes
- Roll marking FAQ information video
- COVID-19 information for schools about attendance and roll marking
- EDConnect Rolls and attendance: support materials to assist with administration of attendance in ebs : central, including how to import attendance data
Communicating with my community
- Student attendance poster with Focus, Create, Embed considerations.
- Compulsory school attendance - information for parents
- Advice to parents and carers has further information about learning from home.
- Minutes Lost equals days lost flyer - primary
- Days Missed equals years lost flyer - primary
- Days Missed equals years lost flyer x 3 - primary
- Attendance Matters A3 poster - primary
- Attendance Matters A4 poster - primary
- Starting school
- Minutes Lost equals days lost flyer - secondary
- Days Missed equals years lost flyer - secondary
- Days Missed equals years lost flyer x 3 - secondary
- Attendance Matters A3 poster - secondary
- Attendance Matters A4 poster - secondary
- Get ready for high school checklist
Notes and notices
Resources that school communities may consider using to promote positive school attendance.
- Government school student attendance 2019
- Understanding Attendance: A review of the drivers of school attendance and best practice approaches
- Supporting school completion
- Improving high school engagement, classroom practices and achievement
- Spotlight: Attendance matters
- What Works Best
- School Services Contacts support roles and contacts for your school.
- Service Navigator advice and information about services offered to schools.
- Home School Liaison Officers can access a range of strategies to restore satisfactory school attendance