Resources for schools
- Attendance Policy
- Child Protection Policy
- Enrolment of Students in NSW Government Schools
- Student Welfare Policy
Guidelines and procedures
- Supporting Student Attendance
- The Completion of Education Under Special Circumstances (PDF 82 KB)
- Special Circumstance Register PDF 86 KB)
- Exemption from School Procedures (PDF 1.27 MB)
- Application for Home School Liaison Program (staff only)
- Educational Neglect Information sheet (staff only;PDF 56KB) Principals information sheet.
Note: These resources do not currently meet WCAG 2.0 accessibility requirements. Please contact attendance to request alternative copies.
School staff sign on resources
- Teaching Staff Attendance (staff only)(PDF 73kB) - The DoE NSW Teaching Attendance Book - ED2005 is replaced by this form or the schools own document.
- SASS Staff Attendance (staff only)(PDF 73kB) - The DoE NSW SASS Staff Attendance Book - ED2006 is replaced by this form or the schools own document.
- School Attendance Register Codes (PDF 70 KB)
- COVID-19 information for schools about attendance and roll marking
- Roll marking e-Learning module for staff (coming soon)
Communicating with my community
- Read about behavioural insights to engage parents and carers
- Student attendance poster (PDF 1584.41KB) with Focus, Create, Embed considerations.
- Days Missed equals years lost flyer - Primary (PDF 371 KB)
- Days Missed equals years lost flyer x 3 - Primary (PDF 1.86 MB)
- Days Missed equals years lost flyer - Secondary (PDF 314.8KB)
Notes and notices
Resources that school communities may consider using to promote positive school attendance.
- Government school student attendance 2019
- Supporting school completion
- Improving high school engagement, classroom practices and achievement
- Spotlight: Attendance matters
- What Works Best
- School Services Contacts support roles and contacts for your school.
- Service Navigator advice and information about services offered to schools.
- Home School Liaison Officers can access a range of strategies to restore satisfactory school attendance
- Attendance - whole school evaluation activity (DOCX 791.23KB) Whole school evaluation activity assists school leadership teams to analyse whole school beliefs, practices and processes relating to attendance.
- School Excellence in Action: Excellence for attendance for every student
- Translated documents includes a comprehensive list of documents translated in many languages. Attendance documents include compulsory school information for parents, absentee notes and letters to parents.
Please contact email@example.com if other translations are required.