Plan learning and instruction template
When planning a sequence of lessons, plan the learning experience and instruction using the template for guidance.
|Pre-assessment||Coding (ATM)||Learning plan*||Differentiation||Ongoing assessment|
|What pre-assessments will be used to check students' prior knowledge, skills levels and potential misconceptions?||Are all 3 types of goals (acquisition, meaning, transfer) addressed in the learning plan?||
a) Specific learning goal/intention:
a) Learning event/s:
b) Specific learning goal/intention:
b) Learning event/s:
include more as required
|How will different readiness, interest and learning preferences be catered for?||
How will progress be monitored?
Which learning events lend themselves to ongoing assessment for and as learning?
How will feedback be provided and by whom?
* For the 'Learning plan' column: consider if there is tight alignment across all 3 stages, and how each specific learning goal/intention contributes to stage 1 desired results. Use WHERETO and also consider the teacher's role and the strategies for acquire, meaning and transfer.
- where and why
- hook and hold
- explore and experience, enable and equip
- reflect, rethink, revise
- evaluate work and progress
- tailor and personalise the work
- organise for optimal effectiveness.
- Setting up induction
- Developing focus
- Refining practice:
- Managing the classroom
- Planning a sequence of lessons:
- Planning a lesson
- Differentiating learning
- Aspects of assessment
- Peer and self-assessment for students
- Teacher questioning
- Feedback to students.
- Gaining proficient accreditation.
- Beginning Teachers Support Funding Policy
- Human Resource information for school teachers
- Department-wide induction for new teachers
- Department-wide induction for principals and school executive.