Skill development in PDHPE (secondary)
This MyPL resource is on demand professional learning that was designed to build staff's knowledge of the new PDHPE K-10 syllabus and its features.
Audience: Stage 4 and 5 teachers and leaders
Duration: 3 hours
- increase understanding of the PDHPE K-10 syllabus skill domains
- enhance their ability to select appropriate skills from each domain for PDHPE syllabus content
- improve their ability to select and use teaching and learning strategies to develop, refine and apply PDHPE skills
- recognise evidence of learning for the skill domains and specific skills
- improve their capacity to provide quality learning and teaching opportunities for students.
This course supports teachers and leaders to:
- unpack the PDHPE skill domains and skills
- identify suitable skills for development across content
- create teaching and learning activities and assessment tasks to support skill development.
Link to MyPL
This accredited professional learning is connected to the domains:
- Professional knowledge – Standard 2 – Know the content and how to teach it
- 2.1.2 Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.
- Professional practice – Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- 3.3.2 Select and use relevant teaching strategies to develop knowledge, skills, problem solving and critical and creative thinking.