Mathematics Advanced (2020 HSC) is a calculus based course focused on developing student awareness of mathematics as a unique and powerful way of viewing the world to investigate order, relation, pattern, uncertainty and generality.
Scope and sequences
- Mathematics Advanced only scope and sequence (sample 1) (DOCX 42 KB)
- Mathematics Advanced only scope and sequence (sample 2) (DOCX 42 KB)
Sample units and assessments
The following units and assessments can be adapted by teachers according to available resources and the individual needs of the school.
Year 11 Mathematics Advanced (2020 HSC)
Exponential and logarithmic functions
Year 12 Mathematics Advanced (2020 HSC)
- MA-S2 Descriptive statistics and bivariate data analysis (DOCX 224KB)
- MA-S2 Resources (ZIP 5332KB)
- MA-S3 Random variables (DOCX 92KB)
- MA-S3 Resources (ZIP 3187KB)
- MA-S2 & MA-S3 Assessment - How well can mathematics predict outcomes? (DOCX 52KB)
- MA-S3 Assessment - Is a normal distribution appropriate? (DOCX 46KB)