The age of imperialism program
In this learning sequence, students investigate the Age of Imperialism and its role in the shaping of the modern world.
The Historical concepts and skills content is to be integrated as appropriate.
- Identify and outline the changing motives and characteristics of European imperialism.
- Where did imperialism occur?
- What were the key ideas of the imperial age?
- To what extent was the Belgian Congo impacted by imperialism?
- Compare and contrast the perspectives of the Congolese and Australian Aboriginals in response to the imperial presence focusing on resistance and resilience.
- To what extent did the nature and characteristics of imperialism affect the world?
- How has imperialism had an impact on the modern world?
Syllabus outcomes and content descriptors from Modern History Extension Stage 6 Syllabus (2017) © NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales, 2017