The nuclear age 1945–2011
In this learning sequence, students investigate key features in the history of the Nuclear Age 1945–2011.
The Historical concepts and skills content is to be integrated as appropriate.
- The development and use of the atomic bomb
- The struggle to maintain weapons parity
- The nature of deterrence
- Social, political and environmental impacts of the nuclear age
- Proliferation and non-proliferation
- Problems and issues with the use of nuclear energy
Student assessment task where students write an article to contribute to History Magazine’s ‘Nuclear: The good, the bad and the ugly’ special edition
Syllabus outcomes and content descriptors from Modern History Stage 6 Syllabus (2017) © NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales, 2017