Stage 6 Dance – HSC
This module looks at the Stage 6 HSC dance syllabus and the performance, composition, and appreciation requirements and introduces the major study of performance, composition, appreciation and dance and technology.
Participants will reflect on their practice and knowledge of the Stage 6 course and its requirements throughout this module.
This is an online course.
As a set of three eLearning modules the professional learning focuses on:
- Module 1, the stage 6 preliminary Dance syllabus.
- Module 2, the stage 6 HSC Dance syllabus.
- Module 3, case studies (as videoed interviews) of teaching practice, and student experiences. These resources are available as 6 hours of learning through if all 3 are completed. That is, complete, Module 1, 2, and 3. This application focusses on module 2. In module 2, participants will investigate the stage 6 Dance syllabus, focusing specifically on the HSC course.
The learning intentions for this module are:
- Increase teacher confidence and familiarity with the Stage 6 HSC Dance syllabus
- Increase understanding of the course requirements
- Increase understanding of the specific requirements for each component of the HSC course
- Introduce the HSC Dance syllabus outcomes and assessment requirements 5. Review the Stage 6 Dance objectives
- Critically evaluate your own assessment task. At the end of module 2 they will be asked to write and review an assessment task notification. They will need to submit the assessment into the Creative Arts state-wide staffroom Dance 7-12 channel for collaboration and discussion with colleagues. Their submission and participation in discussions with colleagues will be managed by the Creative Arts curriculum team.
The professional learning requires a facilitator, supervisor and automated process to determine the achievement of learning objectives through a formal or informal judgement or observation. Achievement of the learning objectives in the course is determined in several ways.
- Within each module participants respond to eLearning techniques for engagement. These include close passages, answering questions, writing short answer responses, dropping and dragging items.
- Each of the three modules is finalised by the completion of an assessment task for the participant. Module 1 has an online unit evaluation that the participant will submit for collaboration and discussion on the 7-12 Dance channel channel in the Creative Arts statewide staffroom. Participants will not be marked off until this is completed and checked by the Creative Arts Advisor. If participants don’t submit the deliverable on the statewide Dance channel above, the creative arts curriculum team will not mark them as completed on MyPL.
- Module 2 has an online task that consists of writing for stage 6 exemplar and teacher participants will also complete an additional assessment task for sharing and collaboration. This will be submitted on the state-wide staffroom 7-12 Dance channel and checking by a member of the curriculum team before being marked as completed on MyPL.
- The final module, module 3 has a series of reflection questions that ask the participant teacher to consider what they have learnt from the referential case studies videoed interviews. These can be viewed in the teacher workbook task submitted with this application. They are also asked to identify links to the teacher’s professional standards, to the syllabus outcomes, to their own specific school’s strategic directions. This task is then to be submitted to the Creative Arts curriculum team only on MYPL due to them being personal reflections. The final assessment task is an attachment to the module and checked only by the curriculum advisors.
- Stage 6 dance pre HSC survey
- Module 2 - HSC Dance
- Submission of core composition discussion
- Stage 6 dance post HSC survey.
To enrol in Stage 6 Dance - HSC go to MyPL.
Approximate duration is 2 hours.