Aboriginal education and staff across the department
The NSW Department of Education has a range of programs and opportunities supporting Aboriginal education and staff.
- Aboriginal Education Policy
- Welcome to and Acknowledgement of Country
- Aboriginal Cultural Education mandatory training
- Aboriginal Pedagogy (8 ways of Aboriginal learning)
- Connecting with Aboriginal Students Families and Communities
- Improving Educational Outcomes for Aboriginal Students
Facilitator training for student programs
This Conversation Guide to improve Aboriginal student retention has been developed to support conversations between Directors Educational Leadership, Principals and School Leaders. These conversations between teachers, Aboriginal students, parents, carers, and their communities are a critical way of achieving improvement in Aboriginal student retention and attendance rates.