Every beginning teacher deserves a quality induction program in their first critical years of teaching - a program that is structured, comprehensive and school-based. Strong Start, Great Teachers (SSGT) provides a framework to achieve this.
Creating a quality induction
The SSGT resource supports school-based induction for beginning teachers and provides ideas, advice and information on:
- Setting up induction for beginning teachers
- the phases of induction starting with orientation
- the practice of developing focus and reflection in line with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (the Standards)
- practical strategies for refining practice in the key areas of focus for beginning teachers, as identified in the research and the Standards
- Gaining proficient accreditation at the completion of a quality induction program.
Learning practical strategies through SSGT
Below you will find e-learning modules for embedding effective teaching practices into classrooms.
If this your first visit to the department's professional learning platform, MyPL, learn how to register as a community member.