Learn about aspects of production, live performances and events, including audio, lighting, props, sets, staging and vision systems.
Is this course right for me?
This course reflects the role of individuals who apply a broad range of competencies in providing services for the entertainment industry. You will gain valuable skills in a variety of apects of the entertainment industry including:
- scenery and set construction
- lighting, sound and vision
- entertainment customer service
- live production
- entertainment technical operations
|Course code / name
|Mandatory placement hours
|Specialisation required for full qualification
|CUA30420 Certificate III in Live Production and Services
|Yes - See your Careers Adviser for information
Where can this course take me?
The job roles that relate to this qualification may include
- front of house assistant
- visual merchandiser
- trainee fly operator
- technical assistant (productions)
- special effects assistant
- assistant sound technician
- assistant venue technician
- follow spot operator
- props assistant
- technical production assistant (remote area)
- sound assistant
- assistant scenic artist
- audio and staging assistant
- venue attendant
- workshop carpenter
- production crew
- stage door attendant
- lighting systems technician.
It also provides a pathway to other roles in similar work environments.
Further study in courses such as CUA60220 Diploma in Live production and management can lead to job opportunities in management.
Subjects that support this career path
- Industrial Technology: Multimedia
- Screen and Media
For more information contact your VET Coordinator or Careers Adviser.
Download the course factsheet
Disclaimer: Qualification information is subject to change