Apprenticeship and traineeship head start
Group Training Organisations offer fee-free pre-apprenticeship and pre-traineeship courses that include work experience with host employers.
About the A&T Head Start Program
The Apprenticeship and Traineeship Head Start Program helps students unlock their futures through fee-free accredited training. By completing pre-apprenticeship or pre-traineeship courses, students get to try out career pathways of interest, gain nationally recognised units of competency, and earn credit that can be put towards full apprenticeship or traineeship courses.
Initiative activities include:
- Facilitated training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) leading to 3-4 nationally recognised units of competency.
- Potential work experience with a host employer.
Initiative courses for 2024
Following a successful 2023 program where 90 courses were delivered to approximately 1100 students throughout NSW, we are pleased to confirm that 16 Group Training Organisations (GTO) will facilitate course delivery across 12 part-qualification vocations commencing in 2024 in the following industries:
- Utilities and Electrotechnology
- Early Childhood, Education and Care
- Community Services and Allied Health
- Building and Construction
- Maritime Engineering and Operations
- Transport and Logistics
- Agriculture and Animal Care
The Program will be serviced by 16 GTOs who will facilitate opportunities for selected students in years 10-12 to undertake part-qualification, pre-apprenticeship or pre-traineeship training across 148 public high schools.
|Ai Group Apprentice & Trainee Centre
|Apprenticeship Careers Australia
|Central Coast Group Training
|Hospitality Training Network
|Hunter Valley Training Company
|HunterNet Group Training Limited
|Maxima Group Training
|My Freight Career
|NECA Group Training
|NTHA Trainees & Apprentices
|Programmed Skilled Workforce
|WPC Group Ltd
|Yalagan Group Training
Employers can participate in the Apprenticeship and Traineeship Head Start Program by offering:
- Work experience opportunities
- On-site industry immersion tours
- Invitations to industry events
- School mentoring options and industry talks
- Providing opportunities for Apprenticeship and Traineeship employment
If you are an employer looking to get involved in the program, please download the below Employer info pack for more information.
Download employer info pack
Download 2024 EPP Apprenticeship and Traineeship Head Start Program Guidelines
To contact the team, email Group.Training@det.nsw.edu.au
Term 1, 2024 Vocations to be updated shortly