Tax is deducted automatically through the department's payroll systems in accordance with formula supplied by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).

All new employees must provide a tax file number declaration form to the department on commencement of their employment. Information you provide in this declaration will determine how much tax is withheld from payments made to you.

If you do not provide a tax file number, tax will be withheld from all payments made to you at the top rate of tax.

Where to submit your forms

Completed forms should be emailed as an attachment to the relevant EDConnect processing team, as follows:

Please note: Casual teachers engaged for the first time should submit their information to the school at which they have been engaged to work. The school will arrange for documents to be forwarded to the EDConnect casual payroll team at and for a casual payroll ID number to be issued.

Return to top of page Back to top