Join our mob
Be supported by the Aboriginal Programs team and make a difference as a teacher in a NSW public school.
If you are an Aboriginal person looking for the chance to make a difference through education, consider becoming a teacher.
Confirmation of Aboriginality
The department will require you to confirm your Aboriginality as outlined in the Confirmation of Aboriginality Guideline.
The new guideline will apply to the following:
- Applicants for Aboriginal-targeted teaching scholarships
- Applicants for Aboriginal-identified positions
- New employees who wish to identify as being of Aboriginal descent
- Current employees who wish to identify as being of Aboriginal descent
- Teachers seeking approval to teach with the department who wish to identify as being of Aboriginal descent.
The new guideline does not apply to current Aboriginal-identified employees of the department.
Talk to us
The Department's Aboriginal Employment team provides personalised assistance and advice to Aboriginal people considering teaching as a career. Email email@example.com or phone 02 7814 3833.