Transport Concession Entitlement Card

If you are an eligible apprentice or trainee and have a Transport Concession Entitlement Card, you are entitled to concession fares on public transport in NSW.

Am I eligible?

To be eligible for a Transport Concession Entitlement Card as an apprentice or trainee you must:

  • be registered with Training Services NSW as an apprentice or new entrant trainee; and
  • continue to be in an active apprenticeship or new entrant traineeship approved by Training Services NSW.

How to apply

To apply for your Transport Concession Entitlement Card, you need to:

  1. Apply via the online application

  2. Select the entitlement type as 'Apprentice or Trainee'

  3. Enter your TCID number

  4. Complete the form and submit your application.


With a Transport Entitlement Concession Card you get these concessions:

Sydney and surrounds

Regional NSW

  • pay concession fares when booking on NSW TrainLink Regional services, you’ll need to quote your Training Contract ID (TCID) number which is printed on the back of the card

You may also be entitled to concession fares on privately-operated local bus services. Check with the private bus operator.


  • Skills
  • VET


  • VET

Business Unit:

  • Training Services NSW
Return to top of page Back to top