Find a course
Low-fee or free courses
Smart and Skilled
Use the Skills Navigator to discover NSW Government-subsidised low fee or fee-free VET courses.
Whether you're interested in accounting, floristry or carpentry, the Skills Navigator has hundreds of government-subsidised courses at all levels to choose from, including:
- a wide variety of vocational qualifications from Certificate II to Advanced Diploma, many of which can be taken as an apprenticeship or traineeship
- foundation skills courses at Certificate I and II level, to help you improve your reading, writing and numeracy.
- the name, national code, qualification level and description of the course
- industries and occupations relevant to the course
- the training providers approved to deliver it as a government-subsidised course under Smart and Skilled
- where the training providers deliver the course
- how the course is delivered (e.g. classroom, online, or a combination of both)
- the length of the course
- your fee estimate
- training providers' contact details for you to enquire or enrol
Training providers may offer additional specialist services and support. Contact them directly for more information.
If you’re studying under Smart and Skilled, you’re covered by the Smart and Skilled Consumer Protection Strategy, which tells you about your rights and how to make a complaint if you need to.
How to enrol in a Smart and Skilled course.
You may be eligible to enrol in fee-free training through NSW JobTrainer if you are:
- out of work
- receiving an income support payment or
- aged 17–24.
Use the MySkills course finder to search for all VET courses available in Australia.