Tier 3, Intensive Individualised
Tier 3 teams support students who require more intensive, individualised support to improve their behavioural and academic outcomes.
The team focuses on creating and implementing individualised behaviour support plans that are linked to the universal system. Students are identified by the team as needing Tier 3 supports using the school's established data decision-making framework.
Tier 3 action team membership includes:
- a representative from the team that supports targeted group interventions
- class teacher
- staff with specific behaviour expertise (for example, Learning and Support Teacher, school counsellor)
Tier 3 intensive individualised systems include:
- coordinating planning and progress monitoring with the team that supports targeted group interventions
- communicating and collaborating with families and carers
- working closely with other service providers
- using data to monitor and evaluate student progress and overall program effectiveness
Tier 3 intensive individualised practices include:
- conducting Functional Behavioural Assessment (FBA) procedures
- collecting relevant data sources
- developing, implementing and monitoring behaviour/learning plans