The Executive’s key aim is to deliver Australia’s best performing education system, up there with the best in the world.
Members are as follows:
- Secretary (Chair)
- Group Deputy Secretary, School Improvement and Education Reform Group
- Chief People Officer, People Group
- Chief Operating Officer, Operations Group
- Chief Executive Officer, School Infrastructure NSW
- Deputy Secretary, Education Skills and Reform
- Deputy Secretary, School Performance North
- Deputy Secretary, School Performance South
- Deputy Secretary, Learning Improvement
- Chief Financial Officer
- Executive Director, Office of the Secretary.
The Executive meets weekly to make decisions and discuss strategic initiatives and programs and in doing so commits to:
- put children at the centre of all decision-making
- act with trust, respect and honesty
- deliver on promises with rigour and excellence.
The Executive is collectively responsible for:
- setting the direction for the department
- effective execution of the strategic priorities
- identifying and managing risks
- making Education a great place to work.