The Executive’s key aim is to deliver Australia’s best performing education system, up there with the best in the world.
Members are as follows:
- Secretary (Chair)
- Deputy Secretary, School Operations and Performance
- Deputy Secretary, Educational Services
- Deputy Secretary, Strategy and Evaluation
- Deputy Secretary, External Affairs and Regulation
- Deputy Secretary, Corporate Services
- Deputy Secretary, Strategy and Delivery
- Chief Executive, School Infrastructure NSW
- Executive Director, Centre for Educational Statistics and Evaluation (CESE)
- Chief Finance Officer
- Head, Aboriginal Affairs
The Executive meets weekly to make decisions and discuss strategic initiatives and programs and in doing so commits to:
- put children at the centre of all decision-making
- act with trust, respect and honesty
- deliver on promises with rigour and excellence.
The Executive is collectively responsible for:
- setting the direction for the department
- effective execution of the strategic priorities
- identifying and managing risks
- making Education a great place to work.