Narrandera Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Terms 1 - 4, 2023 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role description: The placement will be tailored dependent on the skillset of the applicant. It could be having their own class, implementing intervention programs, RFF or opportunities to explore and lead whole school programs relating to our school priority areas.
Additional commitments: Participation in extra-curricular activities based on interest is welcomed.
Desired candidate expertise:
- Approval to teach K-6
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the capacity to work collaboratively in a team and build positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering high quality, differentiated teaching and learning programs with an emphasis on student engagement.
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement the Department's Aboriginal education policy to enhance quality outcomes for all Aboriginal students.
- Commitment to student wellbeing
Teacher Housing may be available in Narrandera. There are also private rental options in Narrandera and surrounding communities such as Leeton. Current school staff may also be able to offer accommodation if this suits the successful applicant.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Narrandera Public School (NPS) is located in the township of Narrandera on the Murrumbidgee River on the traditional lands of the Wiradjuri people. The school boasts a strong and proud history of Public Education in Narrandera and surrounding areas.
The Parents & Citizens Association (P&C) and the Narrandera Aboriginal Education Consultative Group (AECG) and various community groups are active and supportive partners that contribute to, and strengthen, learning and wellbeing programs for our students. There exists high expectations for all learners (children and adults) and a school culture based on four key values of being respectful, responsible, safe and of being a learner. 'STRIVE TO EXCEL' features in the school's day-to-day practises and is the traditional motto for the school.
NPS is a learning- focused school in which staff expertise, care and positive relationships with students and their families are prioritised as key factors that can contribute to growth in student learning. The school prides itself as a provider of exceptional and varied academic, sporting and wellbeing experiences for students.
As the school's student population steadily increases, NPS continues to offer children and their families a personalised approach to education. Student learning and wellbeing data is analysed regularly. Trends across a range of factors are carefully monitored and these are considered to inform interventions, programs and staff professional learning needs. Aboriginal student and other identified cultural groups' data, student groups coming from other schools and attendance and wellbeing data are key trends that are focused on.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)