Narrandera East Infants School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Terms 1 - 4, 2023 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role description: This placement will be tailored dependent on the needs of the school next year and the skillset of the applicant. It could be team teaching, learning and support, implementing intervention programs, RFF or opportunities to explore and lead whole school programs relating to our school priority areas.
Additional commitments: Participation in extra-curricular activities is expected through our positive rewards program, our highly successful sporting program, and other whole school events that require teamwork and participation.
Desired candidate expertise:
- Approval to teach K-6
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the capacity to work collaboratively in a team and build positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering high quality, differentiated teaching and learning programs with an emphasis on student engagement.
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement the Department's Aboriginal education policy to enhance quality outcomes for all Aboriginal students.
- Commitment to student wellbeing
Narrandera has a variety of short and long term accommodation options. Other than teacher housing, there are private rentals, shared house living, long term ‘Air BnB’ style accommodation, and onsite cabins and vans at the caravan park. We will work closely with the successful applicant to ensure housing is sorted as early as possible in their appointment.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
At Narrandera East Infants School we aim to provide excellence in early learning through a culture of continual improvement that effectively responds to the social, emotional and learning needs of our students.
Established in 1961, Narrandera East Infants School is a unique Kindergarten to Year 2 school offering students a strong start to their educational journey, within a safe nurturing environment. The school is located on the eastern edge of the township of Narrandera, a thriving rural community in the heart of Wiradjuri Land, alongside the Murrumbidgee River, in the Riverina Region of NSW. It is midway between 2 large inland cities – Wagga Wagga and Griffith. Narrandera has it’s own domestic airport with several flights daily to and from Sydney.
The school caters for a diverse and rich range of family backgrounds with a current enrolment of 48 students including 10 Aboriginal students and 8 students from English as an Additional Dialect background.
We are a small school in a large town. We are renowned for our excellence in wellbeing practices and cater for the needs of the whole child. We have developed strong working relationships with our parents, carers and wider community members, and have solid transition programs into Kindergarten and out of Year 2.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)