VALID – Register your school
2023 VALID registrations are now open.
Please nominate two teachers as School Test Administrators (STAs). The email addresses for both STAs and the principal are required on registration. You will receive an automated email (check your junk mail) to confirm your registration.
Government schools registration link
Non-government schools registration link
Registrations close 21 July 2023.
If you have any questions please contact the VALID team.
Registration in the VALID program provides
- high quality syllabus-based assessment frameworks that describe levels of achievement against standards to inform school-based assessment practices
- online multimedia assessment tools that provide diagnostic data and time efficient reports to inform planning, programming and assessment across learning stages
- cohort level affective domain data from interest and engagement survey questions within each assessment
- professional learning that reinforces staff capability in making consistent judgements against syllabus standards (VALID 6 and 10 only).
- systems and processes to monitor student achievement of syllabus outcomes and content across stages.
- external student assessment data that can be used in combination with school-based assessments to inform whole school planning processes.
There is no charge for government schools to register. A fee of $10 per student is applicable for non-government schools.
All students who participate in a VALID assessment will receive an electronic individualised student report outlining the level of understanding they demonstrated during the assessment.