Register your school
2020 VALID registrations are now open.
Please nominate two teachers as School Test Administrators (STAs). The email addresses for both STAs and the principal are required on registration. We will send an email confirming your details within two weeks of your registration.
Registrations close 3 August 2020.
Registration for VALID tests
Registration in the VALID program provides:
- high quality syllabus-based assessment frameworks that describe levels of achievement against standards to inform school-based assessment practices
- online multimedia assessment tools that provide diagnostic data and time efficient reports to inform planning, programming and assessment across learning stages
- cohort level affective domain data from interest and engagement survey questions within each assessment
- five hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) registered training that reinforces staff capability in making consistent judgements against syllabus standards
- systems and processes to monitor student achievement of syllabus outcomes and content across stages.
- external student assessment data that can be used in combination with school-based assessments to inform whole school planning processes.
There is no charge for government schools to register. A fee of $10 per student is applicable for non-government schools.
All students who participate in a VALID assessment will receive an electronic individualised student report outlining the level of understanding they demonstrated during the assessment.