Simulated parenting activities
Advice about using animals for simulated parenting activities.
The use of animals in simulated parenting activities by students or teachers is not permitted.
Alternatives to the use of animals in this exercise include:
- observing normal animal behaviour of offspring with their parents
- observing human parents with their offspring
- involving students in peer support
- undertaking work experience in child-care centres or jobs involving caring for animals
- the use of dolls or other technological devices which simulate the parenting experience.