To be eligible to apply for the Beyond the Line Program, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Be a domestic student completing your second or third year of a Bachelor of Education degree or your Master of Teaching degree at a recognised university or tertiary institution in New South Wales at the time of the study tour. Your studies will need to meet the department's and NESA’s academic requirements for employment as a teacher.
- Hold a valid Working With Children Check.
- Be willing to complete a rural practicum during your final year of study.
- Be willing to explore the benefits and incentives of teaching in a rural or remote NSW public school upon completion of initial teacher education studies.
- Be willing to explore rural and remote locations upon completion of initial teacher education studies including opportunities in inland southern, inland northern and western NSW public schools.
- Not have pre-arranged employment in a non-government school after the completion of your final professional experience placement.
- Possess English language proficiency that is of a standard that would enable you to teach and interact effectively and confidently in a NSW public school.
The application process will seek to attract the strongest applicants, with priority given to applicants studying in high-demand subject areas.
For additional information about the Beyond the Line Program read Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).