About the Beyond the Line Program
The Beyond the Line Program supports second and third-year Bachelor of Education and Master of Teaching students to travel with the department on a week-long study tour to experience teaching at selected regional, rural and remote NSW public schools.
Students participating in the Beyond the Line Program will be able to engage with the local community as well as gain valuable insights from teachers in regional, rural and remote NSW schools.
The application process will seek to attract the strongest applicants, with priority given to applicants studying in high-demand subject areas.
Gain valuable experience
- Complete an expenses paid week-long tour through regional, rural and remote NSW
- Visit local schools and learn from experienced teachers
- Connect with other pre-service teachers from universities across NSW
Taste of country life
- Discover school communities in regional, rural and remote NSW
- Experience the country lifestyle
- Explore local landmarks and attractions
- Second and third-year Bachelor of Education and Master of Teaching students
- Willingness to complete a rural practicum experience during final placement/internship
Online information webinar
An online information webinar was hosted by the NSW Department of Education, to learn more about the Beyond the Line Program, view the recording of the online information webinar.